This Sunday, January 12, 2020 5pm EST we will be trying a little experiment... if you can make it! We will be hosting an HTML freewrite, virtual style.Add to Calendar
|6-7pm||hangout, share what you made|
What is a HTML freewrite?
How much HTML should I know?
It’s really up to you. It’s completely okay to use the freewrite to learn HTML if you are just starting out. If you get stuck you can try to ask the other writers for help.
Are frameworks/libraries allowed?
There’s nothing stopping you from using a framework but think of this as a time to get use the foundational languages that made the web great to begin with. The intention of HTML Energy is to write, discuss, and share some of our documents/web pages on the www.
I write too much HTML at my job. Is there anything else I can do during the freewrite?
Why not teach someone HTML. If more people learned how to self publish on the web, we wouldn’t need many of the big platforms that people depend on to participate in the web today.
How to participate...There are several ways to join us in real time during the freewrite:
- Join our Discord to share what you are working on or ask questions
- Send us what you make during the freewrite: @htmlenergy
- A code editor (VS Code or Sublime Text works great)
- Glitch account or self hosting if you want to share what you created with the community
- Discord account
- HTML Energy is all about learning together in a positive encouraging environment
- Everyone is welcome here
- No talking down to others