This Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 2pm ESTAdd to Calendar
|3-4pm||hangout, share what you made|
What is a HTML freewrite?
We will be writing vanilla HTML, and maybe a little CSS together. The idea is pretty loose and self-directed. Come to the freewrite with a project in mind or just write in the moment.
How much HTML should I know?
It’s really up to you. It’s completely okay to use the freewrite to learn HTML if you are just starting out. If you get stuck you can try to ask the other writers for help.
Are frameworks/libraries allowed?
There’s nothing stopping you from using a framework but think of this as a time to get use the foundational languages that made the web great to begin with.
I write too much HTML at my job. Is there anything else I can do during the freewrite?
Why not teach someone HTML. If more people learned how to self publish on the web, we wouldn’t need many of the big platforms that people depend on to participate in the web today.
How to participate...There are several ways to join us in real time during the freewrite:
- Join our Discord to share what you are working on or ask questions
- Send us what you make during the freewrite: @htmlenergy
- A code editor (VS Code or Sublime Text works great)
- Glitch account or self hosting if you want to share what you created with the community
- Discord account
- HTML Energy is all about learning together in a positive encouraging environment
- Everyone is welcome here
- No talking down to others